To run an effective office, staff need to be professionally trained at all levels. Support staff provide a variety of support functions to an organization as they keep it running by offering services to those involved in the organization’s main business. The skills required to do the duties effectively are varied and complex as they are involved in a wide array of activities. They require technical, interpersonal and soft skills to perform their duties effectively. Prioritize workloads and juggling with different time-sensitive tasks are vital skills required for this job especially when there is minimal supervision. Since organisations depend heavily on support staff, it is therefore imperative to train them and improve productivity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Administrative assistants, clerical officers, junior secretaries, other office staff who serve in a support role.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:-
• Understand the supportive roles and function of today’s modern office environment;
• Increase productivity in the office and appreciate the use of appropriate communication tools in the office;
• Understand the changing role of support staff and their contribution;
• Understand the contribution of the support function to the organisation’s goals;
• Manage and handle information for maximum results so as to help the organisation to achieve its business goals.
• The role and functions of the office;
• Evolving role of support staff;
• Planning and improving work processes;
• Matching business goals with administrative support goals;
• Managing information for office productivity;
• Office productivity through effective task management;
• Planning and scheduling of office work;
• Effectiveness through organised methods and systems;
• Dealing with information overload in the office;
• Limiting interruptions in the office;
• Communicating positively for better results;
• Arranging meetings;
• Service excellence and office etiquette.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Indepth Research Services (IRES) certificate certified by the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA).
The training will be held at IRES Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
ACCOMMODATION AND AIRPORT PICKUP
Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817/+250789621067
This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our IRES Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817/+250789621067
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before start of the course.
|No documents available|
|OOS031||15 Nov 2021 - 19 Nov 2021||5 days||Mombasa, Kenya||USD 999||Register|
|OOS031||13 Dec 2021 - 17 Dec 2021||5 days||Kigali, Rwanda||RWF 552,000 | USD 999||Register|
IRES has a firm belief that every organization has a unique purpose only they can fulfil in this world. We work with you in organizing your resources to exploit opportunities so that you can fulfil your purpose and realize full potential.Read More